General Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct
General Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct
Accelerator UKIM is committed to protecting Accelerator UKIM associates [Founding partners, Board of Directors, Operational team, external associates (mentors, contractors, consultants, temporaries) and other workers and volunteers], beneficiaries and vendors and the company from illegal or damaging actions by individuals, either knowingly or unknowingly. When Accelerator UKIM addresses issues proactively and uses correct judgment, it will help set us apart from competitors. Accelerator UKIM will not tolerate any wrongdoing or impropriety at any time. Accelerator UKIM will take the appropriate measures act quickly in correcting the issue if the ethical code is broken.
The purpose of this policy is to establish a culture of openness, trust and to emphasize the Accelerator UKIM associates and beneficiaries’ expectations to be treated to fair business practices. This policy will serve to guide business behavior to ensure ethical conduct. Effective ethics is a team effort involving the participation and support of every Accelerator UKIM associate. All Associates should familiarize themselves with the ethics guidelines that follow this introduction.
This policy applies to Accelerator UKIM associates and beneficiaries including all personnel affiliated with third parties.
CODE OF ETHICS
Accelerator UKIM’s code of ethics expresses the overarching principles or ideals which guide Accelerator UKIM’s decisions and actions when conducting operations and services delivery. A code of ethics provides a general understanding of the ethical or moral responsibilities that the Accelerator UKIM associates, beneficiaries are expected to meet while working for and collaborating with Accelerator UKIM.
Accelerator UKIM will act with honesty and transparency implementing following principles of code of ethics:
- Act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect and in an ethical manner with the public, beneficiaries, prospective clients, employees, colleagues in the ecosystem for innovation and startups.
- Place the integrity of the investment / acceleration profession and the interests of clients / beneficiaries above their own personal interests.
- Use reasonable care and exercise independent professional judgment when conducting investment analysis, making investment recommendations, taking investment actions, and engaging in other professional activities.
- Practice and encourage others to practice in a professional and ethical manner that will reflect credit on themselves and the profession.
- Promote the integrity and viability of the local ecosystem for innovation and startups for the ultimate benefit of society.
- Maintain and improve their professional competence and strive to maintain and improve the competence of other innovators, entrepreneurs and investment professionals.
CODE OF CONDUCT
A code of conduct is a set of rules and guides that describe how people are expected to behave and how to respond under particular circumstances. The code of conduct is the practical application of the code of ethics. Issues commonly addressed in a code of conduct include personal behaviors, conflicts of interest, confidentiality, and bullying.
The code of conduct is more of an internal document than the code of ethics, and it is common for organizations to require governing body members, employees and volunteers to agree to a code of conduct in writing at commencement and throughout their engagement with the organization.
EXECUTIVE COMMITMENT TO ETHICS
- Senior leaders and executives within Accelerator UKIM must set a prime example. In any business practice, honesty and integrity must be top priority for executives.
- Executives must have an open-door policy and welcome suggestions and concerns from associates. This will allow associates to feel comfortable discussing any issues and will alert executives to concerns within the work force.
- Executives must disclose any conflict of interests regard their position within Accelerator UKIM.
ASSOCIATES COMMITMENT TO ETHICS
- Accelerator UKIM associates will treat everyone fairly, have mutual respect, promote a team environment and avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practices.
- Every associate needs to apply effort and intelligence in maintaining ethics value.
- Associates must disclose any conflict of interests regard their position within Accelerator UKIM.
- Associates will help Accelerator UKIM to increase beneficiaries and vendors’ satisfaction by providing quality product s and timely response to inquiries.
- Associates Employees should consider the following questions to themselves when any behavior is questionable:
- Is the behavior legal?
- Does the behavior comply with all appropriate Accelerator UKIM policies?
- Does the behavior reflect Accelerator UKIM values and culture?
- Could the behavior adversely affect company stakeholders?
- Would you feel personally concerned if the behavior appeared in a news headline?
- Could the behavior adversely affect Accelerator UKIM if all associates did it?
- Promotion of ethical conduct within interpersonal communications of associates will be rewarded.
- Accelerator UKIM will promote a trustworthy and honest atmosphere to reinforce the vision of ethics within.
MAINTAINING ETHICAL PRACTICES
- Accelerator UKIM will reinforce the importance of the integrity message and the tone will start at the top. Every associates needs consistently maintain an ethical stance and support ethical behavior.
- Accelerator UKIM associates should encourage open dialogue, get honest feedback and treat everyone fairly, with honesty and objectivity.
- Accelerator UKIM has established a best practice disclosure committee to make sure the ethical code is delivered to all associates and that concerns regarding the code can be addressed.
- Associates are required to recertify their compliance to Ethics Policy on an annual basis.
- Accelerator UKIM will avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions and communications.
- Accelerator UKIM will not tolerate harassment or discrimination.
- Unauthorized use of company trade secrets and marketing, operational, personnel, financial, source code, and technical information integral to the success of our company will not be tolerated.
- Accelerator UKIM will not permit impropriety at any time and we will act ethically and responsibly in accordance with laws.
- Accelerator UKIM associates will not use corporate assets or business relationships for personal use or gain.